Organic vs Paid Social.
Social media is the most genuine form of marketing. Organic social media posts come from you and go directly to your page or your company’s page. Paid social media also come from you but give your post the ability to get in front of people who don’t already follow your social channels but share desired demographics, interests and values.
Is one more effective than the other? Do they work better together? What’s the right balance?
Here are 30 fascinating facts about Organic vs Paid Social.
- 100% of the Top 100 Global Brands have run YouTube ads in the past year. (Hootsuite)
- 86% of marketers now combine paid and organic tactics as part of their social media strategies. It’s rare for social media marketers not to use organic and paid social media together.(Clutch)
- 80% of enterprises say social media is the most important factor in digital marketing success. (Social Media Week)
- Over 70% of marketers plan to increase their use of video ads in 2017 (Hootsuite)
- 66% of marketers cite Facebook as their preferred social network. (Business.com)
- 61% of marketers report their biggest challenge is measuring ROI from social channels (Simply Measured)
- 64% of people use social media to find inspiration for shopping (Crowdtap)
- 59% of marketers believe Paid Social is more effective than Organic Social. (Clutch)
- Over 50% of B2B marketers rank social media as a “very” or “somewhat” low cost ad option. (Marketing Charts)
- 43% of both B2C and B2B companies say they use organic and paid social media equally. (Clutch)
- 36% of businesses use social media analytics for more than competitor analysis. (Sprout Social)
- 34% of small businesses use social media to engage and converse with customers. (Sprout Social)
- 34% of marketers cite You Tube as their preferred social network. (Business.com)
- 33% of marketers cite Twitter as their preferred social network. (Business.com)
- 31% of traffic to all websites comes from the Top 8 social networks (Shareaholic)
- 30% of marketers cite LinkedIn as their preferred social network. (Business.com)
- 27%of marketers said audience growth was the most important metric to track, followed by website clicks (19%), and engagement. (17%). (Clutch)
- 27% of B2B marketers identify social media as an “indispensable” tool for content distribution (Regalix)
- 25% lift in conversions for paid social media compared to organic social media (Converto and AOL Platforms)
- 24% of marketers cite Instagram as their preferred social network. (Business.com)
- 13% of larger companies only do organic social media. (Clutch)
- 10% of followers, on average, are reached by organic tweets (Bitly)
- 2% is organic reach of Facebook. (Cision)
- Social media advertising spending is expected to reach $37 billion in 2017
- 300 million people actively use voice and audio calling features on Facebook Messenger. (Forbes)
- Facebook is closing in on 2 billion active users. (Venture Beat)
- 1,500 and 15,000 pieces of content that Facebook could potentially show in your news feed each time you log on to the site. (Mari Smith)
- Of the 1,500+ stories a person might see whenever they log onto Facebook, Facebook News Feed displays approximately 300. (Facebook)
- 338 is the average number of friends that users have on Facebook, a big big increase compared to 130 back in 2008. (Mari Smith)
- The number of YouTube channels earning 6 figure is up 50% year-over-year. (YouTube)
Do these facts help you understand Organic vs Paid Social? What the role is for each? Do you need help figuring out the right balance for your business?