Obstacles are things that blocks our way or hinder progress.
That “thing” can be a barrier, complication, hindrance, problem, disadvantage, difficulty, feeling of being overwhelmed, catastrophe, obstruction, drawback or stumbling block.
Obstacles are also great educators. Obstacles, by their very nature, challenge us to grow, change and adapt.
How? Here are 30 things obstacles teach us.
- They open us up to change.
- They make us examine our priorities.
- They point us to options.
- They engage creativity.
- They slow us down to help us choose the right path.
- They create new meaning around a purpose.
- They redefine progress as a series of small steps.
- They start us out taking small steps in a new direction.
- They force digging deep and finding strength and courage.
- They teach us that our plans, hopes and dreams require commitment.
- They make us ask: what can we do to make a difference?
- They increase self awareness,
- They overcome our fear of failure.
- They enable us to discover hidden gifts.
- They push us to seek guidance.
- They make us gain necessary resources.
- They make us ask questions to understand the problem.
- They reinforce a positive outlook.
- Through obstacles, we find balance and learn to keep emotions in check.
- They help us be honest and realistic.
- They are humbling.
- They focus us on the end game.
- They give us the skill of problem solving to last a lifetime,
- They conquer frustrations and make us focused on the outcome.
- They present the reality there are no miracles, only the belief in ourselves.
- They are the opportunity for growth of our soul.
- They prove nothing is predestined. They are pathways to new beginnings.
- They measure the size of our accomplishment by the obstacles we have overcome to reach our goals.
- They make us aware we are on journey and force us to identify the destination.
- They enable us to have control of our lives.
Do you agree obstacles are great educators? Did this teach you how obstacles, help us to grow, adapt and change?