SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is the process of strategies, techniques and tactics to increase the amount of visitors to a website from a high rank on a search engine results page (SERP).
Since 33% of clicks to the website go to the one in the first position of a search engine page and 92% of clicks occur on the first page, a plan to get a high rank is a requirement for any company doing business on the internet.
As a guide, here’s an infographic on the Top Most Powerful Latest SEO Strategies with Tools and Tips created by Dilate.
A summary on this ultimate SEO tool kit for 6 key tasks is as follows:
- KEYWORD RESEARCH: Is one of the most important, valuable, and high return activities in the search marketing field. It is the SEO practice of researching and finding the actual search terms people enter into the query box of search engines. It’s best pursued with an understanding of your audience’s needs and interests, trending topics and longtail keywords your best prospects are likely to use. Tools such as the Google Keyword Planner, Ubersuggest and SEMRush help research and identify the best keywords for your business.
- ON-PAGE SEO: Is the optimization of content on a website so it is friendlier to the search engines. This technique includes the optimization of text, images, URL structure, internal links, titles and headers. To help optimize your on-page SEO, tools to use are Lipperhey, woorank and dareboost.
- MOBILE FRIENDLINESS: Mobilegeddon is a name given by webmasters and web-developers to Google’s algorithm update of April 21, 2015. The main effect of this update is to give priority to web sites that display well on smartphones and other mobile devices. It’s enough of a motivation to make sure your site is mobile optimized and has a fast loading speed so it benefits from this development. Google PageSpeed Insights, Pingdom and W3C mobileOK Checker are tools to determine your website’s level of mobile-friendliness.
- LINK BUILDING: Is the process of acquiring links (also called inbound links or backlinks) from other websites to your own. Links are a key factor in establishing the authority of a website. Authority influences rank on search engine pages. Majestic, ahrefs and Moz are excellent tools for analyzing links.
- CONTENT MARKETING: Key to a high rank is to publish, long-form, natural, comprehensive content that engages the curiosity and interest of viewers. Reddit is a good tool for getting content ideas; Google Trends for gauging search interest on those ideas and topics and Google Analytics for examining results to your website.
- MOBILE SEO: More searches take place on mobile devices than computers in 10 countries including the U.S. and Japan. Compressor.io, varvy and MobileMoxie are tools to examine and learn steps to improve Mobile SEO.
This infographic was shared by Feroz from Dilate Digital, Perth Western Australia.
Does it help you to know the areas of focus and tools to use or SEO? Are there any others you’d like to share that are in your Ultimate SEO Tool Kit?