Buyer Personas are examples of the real buyers who influence or make decisions about the products, services or solutions you market. They are a tool that builds confidence in strategies to persuade buyers to choose you rather than a competitor or the status quo.
Buyer Personas are extremely useful for developing and evaluating messaging, content and offers that differentiate your brand from competitors. They are a foundation for any business that relies on customer acquisition, conversion and retention which, of course, is every business.
The best personas are created from real surveys and interviews – not from ballpark guesses, conjecture or assumptions. To get you started on creating Buyer Personas for your brand, HubSpot offers a free template: Marketer’s Guide to Creating Buyer Personas.
To convince you it’s worthwhile, here are 31 business building benefits of Buyer Personas.
TARGETING AND POSITIONING
- Gives you a target for all prospects and customers
- Can’t effectively market a product or service if you don’t know who you are trying to communicate with
- Positions your products as relevant and worthy of consideration
- Provides valuable insights for prospecting, performing market research, targeting advertising, website design, usability testing and keywords for SEO
- Gives a deeper understanding and models buying behaviors of buyers and customers
- Creates higher quality lead generation
- Avoids wasting time on those less of a fit
MESSAGING AND MEDIA
- Gives you the information and perspective you need to make objective decisions about how to craft your marketing messages
- Focuses marketing and advertising efforts
- Creates compelling content and offers
- Helps determine the platforms and media you use
- Enables content to be created to meet the targeted needs of each profile and speaks directly to the needs of each persona.
- Gives a framework to have informed discussions about who your customers are, how they behave, and what they want
- Helps make better connections through a common, focused understanding of an ideal customer’s common attributes, motivations, challenges and concerns
- Helps to speak to buyers and customers in their language
- Helps to be smarter at interpreting the digital behavior of our buyers and customers
PURCHASE MOTIVATIONS IN THE BUYING PROCESS
- Gets a grasp of your prospect’s buying behavior
- Enables you to details each step in the buying process
- Are the blueprint for resources required to make a purchase decision
- Gives insight into how to foster interaction
- Relates to understanding how buying takes place and what is their critical buying path-to-purchase
- Allows you to truly tailor your marketing messages so you can get the best possible response at every touch point in the buying cycle
- Puts everyone in the company on the same page with respect to messaging and communications
- Won’t get the best return on your investment unless you conduct the fundamental research that tells you which customers are most likely to make a purchase and what you can say or do to increase the likelihood of a sale
- Allows you to develop the most cost-effective marketing strategy based on how potential customers are most likely to act
- Develops a deep awareness of their day-to-day routine, challenges, goals and other insights into the type of person they are
- Helps the marketing team better assess their segmentation, messaging and program strategies
- Aligns your sales process and communicate with prospects on a more meaningful level
- Improves the quality and quantity of conversations with your customers
- Are critical for the creation of any marketing content and campaigns that deliver conversations, especially for use with marketing automation tools and their industry-specific buying tracks
HUMAN FACE FOR SALES AND MARKETING
- Gives a human face to a collection of abstract data
Do you know the Buyer Personas for your brand? Do you think it’s worth knowing them? Are you ready to develop them to build your business?