Over 2 million businesses use Instagram for business.
Known for photo sharing and fueled by the popularity of Instagram Stories, roughly six-in-ten online adults ages 18-29 (59%) use Instagram, nearly double the share among 30- to 49-year-olds (33%) and more than seven times the share among those 65 and older (8%) according to Pew Research.
Instagram is largely made up of urban, youthful demographics, with a significant skew toward women. Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream, reached 9.8 million people in the U.S. aged 18 to 35 in eight days according to Business Intelligence.
Here are 1o myths about Instagram for business.
- Instagram is not for service-based businesses.
- Only professional photos should be used.
- Follow others to be followed.
- I don’t need a strategy for Instagram.
- Marketing results are not measurable.
- You don’t get leads from Instagram.
- Posting once a week is an effective strategy.
- A lot of images produces engagement.
- Small accounts cannot reach target audiences.
- Only businesses with a huge base of followers can make money.
Scroll down the infographic to learn why these myths are not realities about Instagram for business.
Instagram marketing is still a fairly new concept for brands and many businesses overlook its full potential. The reason for that might be the most common myths that stop businesses from using Instagram for marketing are not really realities at all.
Despite the fact that Instagram is now being used by 48.8% of brands many businesses have yet to implement an Instagram marketing strategy. Unfortunately, there are still many myths that have created hesitation among businesses when it comes to using Instagram for marketing purposes.
Is your business one of these businesses? Do the explanations for these myth convince you of the the business building potential of Instragram? Does your brand need help with Instagram for business?
Lucy Benton is a website content writer living in New South Wales, Australia.