Website rankings on search engines matter. Various studies show a website in the first position on a search page gets 33% of clicks for a specific keyword query. And at least 75% of search traffic goes to websites on the first page of search results.
No single marketing avenue has drawn as much enthusiasm (or has been more misunderstood) as website rankings and Search Engine Optimization (SEO). For a marketer or content producer, the first thing to consider is finding the right keywords. The next step is ensuring the website is easy to navigate and be found by the search engine for those keywords.
There are simple step anyone can take to boost website rankings. The people at Websites That Sell in Australia have put together an infographic to show you.
Here are 7 easy ways to boost website rankings and traffic and here’s why.
- MOBILE FIRST: 51.1% of web traffic originates from mobile devices in 2017, up from 48.3% in the previous year. 88% of consumers who search for a type of local business on a mobile device call or go to that business within 24 hours.
- VIDEOS: 88% of visitors stay longer on a site with prominent videos displayed. Landing pages with videos lead to 80% more conversion .
- CRISP CONTENT: 53% of marketers rank content creation as the single most effective SEO tactic. 81% of businesses consider their blogs as an important asset to their business.
- REAL TESTIMONIALS: 90% of consumer say they are significantly influenced by online reviews. When a site has customer reviews, 63% of visitors are more likely to make a purchase, and reviews produce an average of 18% uplift in sales.
- GRAPHICS: Having visuals on your landing page increases your likelihood of showing up on Google’s first page by 53%. Searches provide 3x more traffic to your website than social media.
- DATA: Many brands are still failing to make user search intent a key part of their SEO strategy. Use data from keywords and website ranks to deliver immediate answers, bring searcher to pre-determined destination and assist in completing a task or purchase
- BUSINESS OBJECTIVE: Every business should be based on a goal, vision and mission. All of the ways to boost website ranking and traffic should be aligned with business objective. That way these are not just easy but highly effective ways to boost website rankings and traffic.