82% of content creation this year will be video. That’s 15 times higher than 2017. Why is video content growing so fast? What should marketers know?
Here are 30 surprising facts and 5 key takeaways.
Video content is a more effective learning tool
- 98% of users say they’ve watched an explainer video to learn more about a product or service.
- 95% of the information from the video is retained compared to 10% of information while reading the text.
- 84% of customers make a purchase after watching an explainer video.
- 80% of users can recall a video ad they viewed in the past 30 days.
- 79% of consumers would rather watch a video to learn about a product, than read text on a page.
- 59% of executives agree that if both text and video are available on the same topic, they are more likely to choose video.
- 54% of consumers want to see more video content from a brand or business they support.
Sharing is more likely with videos
- Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and images combined.
- 82% of global internet traffic now comes from video streaming and downloads.
- 69% say they’d be more likely to watch a video ad their friend have shared.
- Forrester Research found that video increases the chance of a front-page Google result by 53 times.
- #1 source of information for 66% of people is videos.
Video content drives more conversion activities
- Video in an email leads to 200-300% increase in click-through rates.
- Leads for videos are reported by 84% of marketers.
- Including a video on your landing page can boost your conversion rate by up to 80%.
- More than three-quarters (76%) of users have visited a company’s website after watching one of their video ads on social media.
- 72% of businesses who use video believe that it has improved the conversion rate of their website.
- Personalized video increases retention by 35%.
Video marketing has higher ROI
- 93% of marketers say they’ve landed a new customer thanks to a video on social media.
- 83% of businesses believe that video gives them a good ROI.
- 81% of marketers feel that video has a direct, positive impact on sales.
- 64% of companies claimed that a video posted on Facebook resulted in a new client for the past 12 months.
- Businesses using video grow company revenue 49% faster, year-over-year, than organizations without.
More likely to be even more preferred in the future
- 86% of marketing professionals use video as a marketing tool.
- 85% of Facebook video is watched without sound.
- More than 75% of all video views come from mobile devices.
- 75% of viewers prefer watching videos horizontally.
- Almost 75% of brands use video ads on Facebook.
- 61% of companies say that video content is a major part of their marketing plan.
- 60% of people prefer online video content to TV.
Are these facts and takeaways relevant to your business? Do you need help creating video content?