Value propositions are a business or marketing statement a company uses to summarize why a consumer should buy their product or service. The reason every business should have one is to be clear why their particular product or service adds more value or better solves a problem than other similar offerings.
What are great examples of value propositions?
Here are 40 inspiring value propositions to help write yours.
- AUDIBLE: Listening is the new reading
- BIT.LY: Shorten. Share. Measure.
- BLUE APRON: Food is better when you start from scratch
- BUDWEISER: The Great American Lager
- CREDIT KARMA: You Credit Scores Should Be Free. And Now They Are.
- DIGIT: Save money, without thinking about it.
- DOGVACAY: Find the Perfect Pet Sitter Near You
- DOLLAR SHAVE CLUB: A great shave for a few bucks a month
- EVERNOTE: Remember everything
- FUNDLY: Raise Money for Anything
- GUSTO: It’s time to tame the chaos of payroll, benefits and HR
- HOMEADVISOR: Find Trusted Improvement Pros
- HUBSPOT: Grow Your Business
- INTUIT: Simplify the Business of Life
- JORD: Luxury Hand-Crafted All-Natural Wooden Watches
- LADDERS: Move Up In Your Career
- LEGALSHIELD: Worry Less. Live More.
- LISTIA: Sell old stuff. Get new stuff for free.
- LOCU: Get Found Online
- LYFT: Rides in Minutes
- MACBOOK: Light. Years Ahead
- MAILCHIMP: Send better email
- PINTEREST: The World’s Catalog of Ideas
- PLATED: Open the door to a new kind of dinner
- QUARTZY: The free and easy way to manage your lab
- PICPLUM: Share Your Best Moments
- PROVEN: We connect talent people with meaningful careers
- ROBINHOOD: Free stock trading. Stop paying up to $10 for every trade.
- SALESFORCE: Connect to Your Customers in a Whole New Way
- SCRIBD: Read Like You Own Every Book in the World
- SKILLSHARE: Classes taught by expert practitioners
- SPOTIFY: Soundtrack your life
- SQUARE: Start selling today
- TARGET: Expect More, Pay Less
- THUMBTACK: Consider it done.
- TORTUGA BACKPACKS: Bring Everything You Need Without Checking a Bag
- UBER: The smartest way to get around
- UNBOUNCE: Build, Publish and A/B Test Landing Pages Without I.T.
- VIMEO: Make Life Worth Watching
- ZILLOW: Find your way home
You might not have heard of all these companies, but their value propositions clearly tell what they offer in a differentiated way.
Are these inspiring value propositions to you? Do they help you write yours?