Chatbots are robots programmed to respond like humans through a computer program and artificial intelligence.
It is an assistant that communicates through text messages, a virtual companion that integrates into websites, applications or instant messengers to help businesses give better customers service. The video above explains how.
If you’ve interacted with Apple’s Siri, Amazon’s Alexa, Microsoft’s Cortana, and Google Assistant, among others, you’ve used a chatbot.
And, if your business is on Facebook, Facebook Chatbots are a free feature show to improve marketing, sales and customer service results.
Do they improve customer service for businesses? Are they here to stay?
Here are 30 fascinating facts on chatbots and customer service.
- 75% say they want to know whether they are chatting with a chatbot or a human.
- 74% of consumers say they used voice search in the past month, and daily use is up 27% compared to last year
- 73% of Americans said they wouldn’t use a company’s chatbot after a bad experience.
- 69% of consumers say they interact with a virtual assistant or chatbot at least once a month.
- 63% of people would consider messaging an online chatbot to communicate with a business or brand.
- 61% of consumers believe chatbots are “here to stay” in customer service.
- 60% of US online adults already use online messaging, voice, or video chat services
- 55% of consumers would like to select their media by curating a list that draws heavily on AI recommendations or simply have it completely selected by a bot
- 49% of consumers would rather conduct all their customer service interactions via text, chat, or messaging.
- 48% of respondents prefer a chatbot solve their issue over a chatbot have a personality.
- 45% of end users prefer chatbots as the main means of communication for customer service inquiries.
- 42% of consumers already use digital assistants, while 72% of business execs and 53% of millennials are using them.
- 40% of people claim they don’t care who or what is helping them.
- 38% of consumers view chatbots positively, 11% have a negative perception of chatbots. The remaining 51% are neutral about chatbots.
- 37% of all consumers–and 48 percent of millennials–are open to receiving recommendations or advice from chatbots,
- 34% of business executives say that the time freed up from using digital assistants allows them to focus on deep thinking and creating
- only 1/3 of customer service interactions require human support. 45% of end users prefer chatbots as the main means of communication for customer service inquiries.
- 31% of business executives say their businesses get the most impact from virtual personal assistants, more than from any other AI-enabled solution.
- 29% of people prefer to contact retailers by online apps and messaging chat when making a purchase decision. That’s equal to phone and greater than email at 27%
- 27% of the world population is estimate to be using messaging apps and conversing with chatbots by next year.
- 27% of consumers weren’t sure if their last customer service interaction was with a human or a chatbot
- Global chatbot market is projected to account for $1.23 billion by 2025, with a compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) of 24%.
- 23% growth in the number of users of virtual assistants this year.
- The use of chatbots will result in cost savings of more than $8 billion annually by 2022, up from $20 million in 2017.
- Approximately 1.4 billion people use messaging apps and are willing to talk to chatbots.
- More than 30,000 chatbots on Facebook used in 200 countries by millions of people
- Customers prefer it 29 times over the traditional method.
- Google predicted that chatbots will have a near human-level lingual ability by 2029.
- “Hi” and “hello” are the two most popular ways to start a conversation with a chatbot. Other popular messages included a question mark, “hey,” “help,” “yes,” and a thumbs up icon.
- Xiaoice is a ridiculously popular chatbot in China, The average conversation length is 23 conversations per session (CPS). The average CPS for pretty much every other chatbot: 1.5 to 2.5.
Here is an infographic that provides more information why businesses should consider chatbots. Would your business benefit?