The purpose of a business is to create and keep a customer. – Peter Drucker
Based on Peter Drucker’s wisdom, customer loyalty is one of a company’s most important assets. That goes for any company. Even, or especially, Amazon.
How loyal are Amazon’s customers? Here are 30 astonishing facts about Amazon customer loyalty.
- 95% of Prime members say they would “definitely” or “probably” renew their memberships.
- 94% of Survey Monkey’s audience say they’ve heard of Amazon Prime and 70% have used Amazon Prime.
- 95% of Amazon users always or sometimes read full product descriptions before purchasing.
- Almost 90% of Amazon customers say they would not consider purchasing a product with less than 3 stars.
- 85% of Prime shoppers visit Amazon at least once a week or more, that number drops to 56 percent for non-Prime members going to Amazon at least once a week.
- Nearly 80% of Amazon customers say they trust Amazon’s shipping more than packages shipped by a third-party seller to show Amazon customer loyalty.
- 75% of people who shop on Amazon use the Amazon search box.
- 69% of Whole Foods shoppers are Prime members to show Amazon customer loyalty with this acquistion.
- 65% of Amazon shoppers rank price as the most important factor, above faster shipping, free shipping and better product assortment.
- 63% of Amazon customers are Prime members to prove Amazon customer loyalty.
- 60% of Amazon customers say they wouldn’t consider purchasing items with less than a 4 ½ star rating.
- 59% of shoppers across 27 countries bought items on Amazon.com last year.
- 54% of people who buy on Amazon always read the full product description.
- 51% of Amazon customers come to the site to compare prices.
- 46% of Prime members say they buy on Amazon at least once a week.
- 44% of Amazon customers say they will always check prices on Amazon before purchasing on another site as a demonstration of their Amazon customer loyalty.
- 43% of all online sales come from Amazon.
- 43% say they would pay $10 or more for delivery within an hour while 32% would pay $10 or more for same-day shipping.
- 33% of Amazon users come to the site ready to buy
- 31% of Prime members go to amazon.com daily.
- 30% of Prime members said they ordered products weekly on Amazon in 2016, which grew to 46% in 2017.
- 24% of Amazon’s North American retail revenues can be attributed to consumers who first tried to buy an item at stores but found their local stores out-of-stock.
- 22% of Amazon users are now more likely to purchase their groceries via the giant marketplace, because of the Whole Foods acquisition, and 37% will consider it.
- 7.5% of Seattle’s working age population are Amazon employees.
- 13% of people who are not Prime member buy from Amazon weekly.
- 1.6 million packages are shipped every day from Amazon.
- 45,000 robots roam Amazon’s floors.
- #8 most reputable firm in U.S. and #18 in the world.
- Amazon is more valuable than all brick and mortar retailers combined.
- Amazon Prime offer discounts to everyone on government assistance.
Do these facts convince you of Amazon customer loyalty? Does your business need to improve its customer loyalty?