Google Adwords is the 800 lb. gorilla of digital advertising. And marketers now spend more on digital ads than television advertising.
Consider these stats:
- Google Adwords represents 41% of the world’s $225 billion per year in digital ad spend.
- About 97% of Google’s total revenues come from advertising.
- Google revenue growing at 21% a year.
Here are 40 Google Adwords stats to guide your marketing strategy.
- 98% of searchers choose a business that is on page 1 of the search they query.
- 97% of mobile search spend comes from Google Adwords.
- 89% of the traffic generated by search ads is not replaced by organic clicks when ads are paused.
- 80% of global internet users are reached by Google Adwords Display campaigns.
- 78% of US search revenue is earned by Google.
- 78 of local searches on mobile result in offline purchases.
- 72% of AdWords marketers plan to increase their PPC budgets.
- 70% of mobile searchers call a business directly from Google Search.
- 66% of buyer-intent keywords are paid clicks.
- 60% of all digital ad spend comes from Google and Facebook.
- 52% of people who click on a Pay-Per-Click (PPC) ad go on to call the advertiser.
- Over 50% of people who search on Google cannot differentiate Paid from Organic entries.
- 50% higher conversions for PPC traffic than organic.
- 49% of Google ad clicks come from smartphones.
- 48% of digital ad spend is paid search.
- 41% of clicks on a search page come from the top 3 Paid Search ads.
- 36% of searches on Google are associated with location.
- 33% of global digital ad revenue comes from Google.
- 33% of all Google search clicks are generated through mobile.
- Less than 5% of ad publishers revenue goes to Google and Facebook.
- 7.94% is the average click-through rate for an ad in the first position.
- 2.19% is the average Conversion Rate for the Home Goods industry.
- Over 2 billion bad ads were taken down by Google in 2016.
- Over 4 million store visits have been tracked from Google Search Networks.
- 2 million publishers use Google AdSense.
- 100,000 publishers were removed from Google AdSense in 2016.
- 1.2 million businesses advertise on Google Adwords.
- 350 businesses advertised on Google Adwords when it started.
- 300,000 mobile apps currently serving Google Mobile Ads.
- $935.71 is the most expensive keyword on Adwords on a Cost-Per-Click (CPC) basis. It is for “best mesthelima lawyer.”
- $135.17 is the Cost Per Action for the Legal industry.
- $60.76 is the average Cost Per Acquisition for Google Adwords Display ads.
- $59.18 is the average Cost Per Acquisition for Google Adwords Search ads.
- $55 per click is the cost of a keyword using the word, insurance.
- $6.91 is the Cost Per Action for Dating and Personals industry.
- For every $1.60 businesses spend on Adwords, they make an average of $3.00 in revenue.
- In Q2 of 2012, Google’s revenues rose 35% to $12.21 billion. In the same quarter, aggregate paid clicks went up by 42%.
- AdWords advertisers can now target by Congressional District.
- Amazon is the largest Google Adwords advertiser.
- Facebook is a distant 2nd at $36 billion in ad revenue in 2017 to Google at $74 billion.
If you want to know how Adwords and the Google Ad Auction works, below is an infographic that explains it.
Do these stats teach you something new about Google Adwords? Do you think your business benefit from Google Adwords?