Lead generation facts
The primary goal of virtually every B2B marketer is lead generation. But lead generation facts show that only 13% of B2B marketers achieve their goals.
Lead generation is a strategy to find and cultivate relationships with potential customers who will buy your company’s products or services?
What works? Why do most fall short? Who succeeds?
Here are 35 lead generation facts every B2B marketer should know.
- 93% of B2B buying processes begin with an online search.
- 93% of B2B companies say content marketing generates more leads than traditional marketing strategies.
- 90% of customers say video helps them make buying decisions and 64% of customers say that seeing a video makes them more likely to buy.
- 88% of B2B marketers use content marketing as a lead generation tactic.
- Using video on a landing page can increase conversion by as much as 86%.
- 85% of B2B marketers say lead generation is their most important content marketing goal.
- A CRM system is believed by 84% of companies to be beneficial in determining the quality of leads.
- 81% of businesses report that their blog is important or critical in generating leads.
- 79% of marketing leads never convert into sales. Executives say lack of nurture is the main cause.
- 76% of people using “near me” searches visit a related business within a day.
- When making a purchase, 75% of B2B buyers use social media for their decision-making.
- 70% of B2B marketers claim that videos are more effective than other content when it comes to converting users to qualified leads.
- 68% of B2B businesses use a strategically based landing page to generate qualified leads.
- B2B companies that blog generate 67% more leads than companies that don’t.
Why do most fall short
- 63% of marketers say lead generation is their top challenge.
- 62% of B2B users state that LinkedIn is the most effective social media platform for their business.
- 61% of marketers claim they lack the resources for lead generation success.
- 53% of marketers say half or more of their budget is allocated to lead generation, while 34% say less than half of their budget is allocated to lead generation.
- Over 50% of B2B marketers do not use direct mail to generate leads.
- Almost half of B2B companies struggle with lead generation because of data quality.
- 49% of B2B marketers cite social media marketing as the most difficult lead generation tactic to execute.
- 46% of marketers with well-planned lead management strategies have sales teams who follow up on more than 75% of leads.
- Only 45% of B2B marketers are confident that they have decent, if not high, levels of customer-centricity.
- Lead generation outsourcing is 43% more efficient than generating leads in-house because of their expertise.
- 42% of organizations believe email is one of their most effective lead generation channels.
- 37% of B2B marketers are using marketing automation to generate leads.
- 25% of marketers don’t have any idea of their conversion rates.
Who succeeds lead generation facts
- 22% of B2B businesses reach out to prospects with lead nurturing on a weekly basis.
- Lead generation strategies are only successful for 13% of businesses in accomplishing their main objectives.
- Only 12% of B2B companies currently outsource lead generation.
- Only 5-10% of qualified leads successfully convert for marketers.
- Only 4% of website visitors are ready to buy.
- Marketers who prioritize blogging efforts are 13x more likely to see positive ROI.
- 143 CEOs say 112% to 1,751% growth outsourcing lead generation.
- The three most commonly used B2B lead generation tactics are email marketing (78%), event marketing (73%), and content marketing (67%).
Ate these lead generation facts helpful for your business. Do you need help creating your lead generation strategy?