SEO strategy is a strong way to build a successful business on the internet.
89% of customers begin their buying process with a search engine.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process of getting traffic from the “free,” “organic,” “editorial” or “natural” search results on search engines. It requires resources, tactics and, most of all, a strategy.
Here are 30 stunning stats to develop a strong SEO strategy.
- 90% of B2B researchers who are online use search specifically to research business purchases (Google)
- 73% of in-house marketers and 76% of US agencies say SEO provides excellent or good return on investment (ROI) (eMarketer)
- 72% of marketers worldwide say relevant content creation was the most effective SEO tactic (Marketing Profs)
- 72% of all people who perform a local search ended up frequenting a store that was within five miles of them (WordStream)
- 71% of B2B researchers start their research with a generic search (Google)
- 70% of the links search users click on are organic (Search Engine Journal)
- 67% of mobile users will leave a website if they become frustrated with the site’s navigation (Search Engine Watch)
- 66% of marketers say improving SEO and growing their organic presence is their top inbound marketing priority. (HubSpot)
- 65% of smartphone users agree that when conducting a search on their smartphones, they look for the most relevant information regardless of the company providing the information (HubSpot)
- 61% of marketers from enterprises cite lead generation as a top SEO priority (Conductor)
- 61% of consumers say they are more likely to contact a local business if they have a mobile optimized site (BrightLocal)
- 60% of all organic clicks go to the organic top 3 search engine results (HubSpot)
- 57% of marketers from enterprises cite increased web traffic as a top SEO priority (Conductor)
- 50% of search queries are 4 or more words (so target those long-tail keywords) (WordStream)
- 72% of marketers say relevant said keyword/phrase research was the most effective SEO tactic (Marketing Profs)
- 53% more likely that your website will show up on page 1 of Google if you have video on the landing page (Business2Community)
- 48% of consumers start mobile research with a search engine(HubSpot)
- 47% of consumers expect a web page to load in 2 seconds or less (Kissmetrics)
- 42% of researchers use a mobile device during the B2B purchasing process (Google)
- 40% of consumers turn to a competitor’s site after a bad experience. (Google)
- 34% clickthrough rate to the website that is in the #1 on desktops (HubSpot)
- 33% of search traffic goes to the entry that is the #1 listing in Google (Chitika)
- 33% of marketers say relevant link building is the most effective SEO tactic (Marketing Profs)
- 30% of mobile searches are related to a location. (Google)
- 28% of marketers worldwide say social media integration was the most effective SEO tactic (Marketing Profs)
- 25% more clicks and 27% more profits when using organic SEO techniques and a PPC campaign together versus using just one or the other (Business2Community)
- 20% of search queries on Google’s mobile app and on Android devices are voice searches (HubSpot)
- 18% of local smartphone searches lead to a purchase within a day compared to 7% on non-local searches (Google)
- 15% close rate from SEO leads, while outbound leads (such as direct mail or print advertising) have a 1.7% close rate (Search Engine Journal)
- As of May 2015, more Google searches take place on mobile devices than on computers in 10 countries including the US and Japan. (Google)
Are these stats stunning to you? Do they prove the value of an SEO Strategy? Does your business need help developing one?