“How do I measure social media return on investment (ROI)” is the #1 question 3300+ marketers have asked for the last three years according to Social Media Examiner’s annual Social Media Marketing Industry Report.
This delivers the evidence. Over the last year and a half, we’ve published 12 case study blogs on Social Media ROI. Since social media works best when it integrated into the marketing mix, we found social media marketing also influences return on investment for those looking to understand:
- Social CRM ROI
- SEO ROI
- Social Commerce ROI
- Customer Service ROI
- Social Promotion ROI
- And, of course, the ROI of Traditional Media (TV, Print, Radio)
The result is a Free eBook of 166 Social Media Marketing ROI case studies that can be downloaded on the right with just a “click” and no information requests or string attached. Why?
Something happened in compiling these case studies that was never expected. The people featured wrote back. Maybe that’s what differentiates Social Media Marketing?
In the process, this eBook turned into a global collaboration. People told me their stories from places ranging from Korea, the Netherlands, England, Chicago, and Atlanta to Milwaukee proving the dynamics behind social media marketing work everywhere.
These dynamics are:
- 90% of all purchase decisions begin online
- 75% of consumers shop online before they buy offline
- 85% are looking for an independent review
- 78% of people trust the recommendations of other people
- 35 minutes of every hour people spend online is on social networks
- The average person has 245 Facebook Friends, 126 Twitter Followers and 47 LinkedIn connections (recognizing, of course, no one is an average person)
- The average brand has 54 Facebook Likes (same disclaimer for brands)
- 40% of people visit a brand’s Facebook page before their website
- $71.48 is the estimated annual value of someone who Likes a brand’s Facebook page
- That’s because 28% of Facebook Fans are more likely to continue using a brand and 48% are more likely to recommend the brand to their friends
- Positive perceptions of companies increase by +36% if they have a blog on their website
- 40% of the time people are on Twitter they are researching products
- 20% of the time people are on Twitter they are buying products
- Social networks are the fastest growing category on mobile.
- 14% of people trust advertising
- Only 18% of TV advertising campaign ever achieve a positive return on investment
Source: Nielsen, comScore, eMarketer, Harris Interactive, Washington Post, WOMMA
If you need more convincing or an example relevant to your particular type of brand and industry, there are 166 examples on the right.
Since the people featured have been so gracious in sharing their stories, we’re reciprocating. We’re also grateful to have been included in Peter Kim’s 101 Examples of Social Business ROI, an Infographic (below) on the How to Determine Facebook and Twitter ROI from Nickolay Lamm and created by InventHelp Facebook and InventHelp Twitter, to our clients whose stories are featured and to Rutgers University who offer a Mini-MBA on Social Media Marketing where I teach Social Media ROI along with a great faculty they assembled.
Do you have case studies to support the ROI of marketing efforts you are doing? Are these case studies a helpful resource for you?
[…] noelcarrion on 24 julio, 2012 in infografia, social media Hoy te presento esta interesante infografía que te ayudará a calcular correctamente el Retorno de la Inversión (ROI) de tus acciones en […]
[…] href="166 case studies prove Social Media Marketing ROI. Free eBook and Infographic” title=”How Social Data Use Media”>How Social Data Use Media Share […]
[…] you need to see proof of results, a free eBook, 166 Case Studies that Prove Social Media Marketing ROI, is available to download on the sidebar of this website with just a click and no strings […]
[…] for the pages. Equip the home page with ways for them to stay in touch like email subscription, eBooks or offers. Before you start walking, make sure to establish the measurements and Key Performance […]
[…] small business stories, as well as many for big business too, are included in the eBook, 166 Case Studies Prove Social Media Marketing ROI, downloadable with just a click on the sidebar of this website. They prove. for every big idea, […]
Awesome stats! Thanks for compiling. Excited to share them.
Keep it up 🙂
@Alexandra Skey Thanks Alexandra. Glad it was helpful to you. Rob
[…] Boken tillhandahålls av gänget på BarnRaisers. […]